Sitecore Experience Platform Client Translations Manual
This page describes how to import a client translation into the Sitecore Experience Platform 8.0-10.0.
To run the Sitecore client in a different language, you must download the Sitecore Experience Platform client translation file and import the new language into the Sitecore Experience Platform installation:
- Log in to Sitecore as an administrator and open the Sitecore Desktop.
- Switch to the Core database.
- Make sure the language that you are going to import is available in the database.
- If the language is not available, open the Control Panel and then click Localization, Add a new Language and add the required language.
- Download the client translation file from the appropriate download page.
- In Windows Explorer, unzip the file to the /App_Data folder on a Sitecore instance.
- In the Sitecore Control Panel, in the Localization group, click Import languages.
- In the Import languages dialog, click Browse and select the language file that you unzipped earlier and then click Open.
Follow the wizard and ensure that the Core database is selected before you click Import.
The client translations are now imported.
- Restart the Sitecore instance.
- In the Control Panel, in the My Settings group, click Region and language options and select the language that you just imported.
- Log in to Sitecore again.
You should now see the client in this language.
Note: Sitecore Experience Platform may contain some text that has not been translated to the target language even after you install the client translation file. In general, this should not impact on the user’s ability to use the client and is only likely to occur in isolated areas. The following translation issues have been reported:
- Some portal commands (Next Column, Previous Column, Add Content) cannot be translated.
- The Edit button in the Worflow group cannot be translated.
- The Wallpaper position options cannot be translated.