April 14, released Sitecore Mobile SDK 1.0 for Xamarin.
This version of the module is compatible with Sitecore 6.6 and later (including SXP 8.1 rev. 151207 (Update-1)), and Xamarin 4.
The Sitecore Mobile SDK for Xamarin is a PCL (Portable Class Library) and provides a high level abstraction for Sitecore items that lets a developer operate with items and fields rather than with HTTP requests and JSON responses.
- Fetching CMS Content
- Source HTML renderings from Sitecore CMS
- Create, Delete, Update Items
- Downloading and Uploading Media Resources
- Protect security sensitive data
The library is PCL standard compliant and can be used on the following platforms:
- Windows Desktop (.NET 4.5)
- Windows Phone 8 and newer
The library supports the Xamarin platform, and through it, the following native mobile platforms:
- iOS 7 and newer (with supporting of the iOS Unified API Projects)
- Android 4.0 and newer
It uses the modern C# approaches such as:
- PCL distribution
- Async/await based API
- Fluent interface