Some of the issues described contain internal reference numbers. You can use these reference numbers when communicating with Sitecore about a particular issue or feature.
May 25, 2015
Released Sitecore Azure 8.0 rev. 150522.
Tested with Sitecore 8.0 rev. 150427.
Sitecore Azure 8.0 requires Azure SDK 2.5.1 and Sitecore® Experience Platform™ 8.0.
- Additional support for deploying Sitecore 8.0
- Additional support for using the Azure 2.5.1 SDK
- Additional support for the new publishing settings schema
- There is now a drop-down menu so you can select the SQL Server Tier in the Content Editor
- You can now select VM size from the drop-down menu in New Deployment dialog in the Azure module UI
- The UI has been changed to make it better match the style of Sitecore Experience Platform 8.0
- AzureInRoleCacheSessionStateProvider now supports both Private and Shared session states. (435578)
- An error occurred when attempting to request the Environment File. This has been fixed. (434974)
- Deploying to Local Emulator failed to initiate in Sitecore Azure 7.5. This has been fixed in Sitecore Azure 8.0. (426308)
- Upgrade issue with Sitecore 8.0 Update-3
- In Web.config file, configuration/configSections node, add following line:
<section name="sitecorediff" type="Sitecore.Update.Configuration.ConfigReader, Sitecore.Update"/>
- After configuration/configSections node, add following line:
- Storage limitations
- 360MB on Content Delivery deployments
- 150MB on Content Editing deployments
Sitecore Azure 8.0 upgrade installation fails with Sitecore 8.0 Update 3, below is the workaround for upgrading
Windows Azure Cloud Services has some limitations on the app drive. For a Sitecore deployment, this means the App drive free space is limited to static files of no more than:
This is more than enough in most single sites if larger media files are not deployed as physical files.